Monday, November 10, 2008

Moment #1

Last night Jake woke up around 10:30 or so. I tried to comfort him and put him back in his crib, but he wasn't having any of it. He wanted to be held. So I obliged, and took him to lay in my bed with me. Secretly that's what I think he wanted all along, who doesn't love a heated bed on a cold night. While we are laying there, I started rubbing he cheek with my finger, usually puts him right to sleep! It did, or I thought it did and I started drifting off myself. When I open my eyes he is looking right at me (both our heads on the pillow). I tell him "It's Ni night time buddy", and he takes his finger and starts rubbing my cheek. Talk about something to melt your heart.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Hi,

I found you on One Minute Writer. This story made me so happy. Thanks for sharing it. What a great son you have to be care-taking you like that, so I guess you're well on your way toward Best Mom Ever!

Shan :+)